Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Now she's forgiven the harms of her past, She'll take a message somewhere it will last she fails where she fails but she's trying, and growing up fast

It's funny those times in life, when you've spent hours and hours, days upon days, thinking about yourself, and what's going on in your life, you come to a standstill, and all of a sudden - you have an epiphany.

You don't understand it. You don't know why it is the way it is, or why you feel the way you feel, you simply can't place your finger on a specific reason as to how it happened in the first place.

Lately, I've seen these "epiphanies" occurring all around me. Whether its been in my own life, or the lives of my friends, I have always came to the same conclusion. No one can recall a certain thought or event that led to this sudden realization.

The past couple of days, I've wondered if this is the work of God. I mean how could you just all of a sudden have this sudden clear of conscious or push to do something on your own? Someone or something has to be responsible for that. As human beings, we are hardwired to be logical, process oriented beings. And this random "light bulb" that goes off in our lives, is completely illogical and unplanned and must be from an outside force.

I'm not saying I'm right, heck, even after 11 years of Christian schools, I still don't know that much about God. He's just really starting to show himself in different ways and situation in my life, after so many months of my own doubt, questioning, and sometimes anger at him.

Like what a friend of mine recently said, "I hide, he finds, He hides, and I have not the slightest idea of where to begin to look for him" ...but instead of me trying to look for him, I believe that he is starting to look for me again, and to call me back into his arms.

4 comments:

  1. Nicolette! I really like this and the way you write. It's really poetic, insightful, and heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank youuu!
    Credit due somewhat to your blog
    It helped inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you, nicolette. it's a fact.

    keep writing. it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) You said it in ways i could never have explained.
    Love you girlie,

    K

    ReplyDelete